LODGED BY THE ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT UNDER THE CAPE TOWN CONVENTION AT THE TIME OF THE DEPOSIT OF ITS INSTRUMENT OF ACCESSION *
General declaration under Article 39(1)(a)
The Arab Republic of Egypt shall declare that the arrangement of the rights and privileges on the airplane in the Arab Republic of Egypt shall be as the following arrangements
The following rights shall have a privilege on the airplane in accordance with the Egyptian Law No. 26 of 1976, Second Section of the Second Chapter, and we shall be received from its price pursuant to its rank set forth in this section:
1. The expenses spent for the benefit of all the creditors upon the execution on the plane, and selling it and distributing its price.
2. The debts related to bonuses payable to rescue the plane, and the extraordinary expenses required to the preservation thereof.
3. The indemnifications due on the damages caused to others by the aircraft on the surface of the earth, whether this damage resulted from the aircraft itself, or by falling a person or anything from it, unless the aircraft’s owner or the exploiter thereof has insured such damages for the benefit of the injurers, and the insurance shall cover the value of the due indemnifications in this case, or a percentage of (20%) of the aircraft value when it is still new, or any of the two values whichever is less.
4. The debts which became due on the last trip of the aircraft, or about to do it prior to its forcing sale in accordance with the provisions of the second section of the first chapter of this law as a result to repairing, or maintenance, or reception, or driving away thereof, or supplying it with the necessary fuel, oil, or the food and consumption materials required by the passengers or the crew thereof.
The privilege rank of all these rights shall be defined in accordance with the order of its stipulation in the previous paragraph.
Mandatory declaration under Article 54(2) applicable to all relevant remedies
In accordance with Article 54(2), the Arab Republic of Egypt declares that "the creditor may use any of the remedies available under any provision of this Convention only pursuant to a decision by the court, if there was no explicit text requiring application to the court".
* The original version of these declarations was submitted in Arabic. This official version of the declarations is a translation provided by the Arab Republic of Egypt.