To further the development and wide-spread use of the Space Protocol of the Cape Town Convention, the UNIDROIT Secretariat is actively working with governments, experts and industry participants to discuss the benefits of asset-based financing in the space sector. As part of this, many documents and presentations have been produced to further the understanding of the Space Protocol for the private sector, financiers, and governments alike. Some of these can be found below:
1) Space Protocol Information Flyer – A short flier outlining the benefits of the Space Protocol to the private space sector;
2) Space Protocol Summary Document – An informational document produced in collaboration with BHO Legal summarising the important features of the Space Protocol and delineating its practical application, with particular emphasis on its benefits for the NewSpace Sector;
- Professor Ignacio Tirado, Secretary-General UNIDROIT, ‘The Space Protocol of the Cape Town Convention: An International Secured Transactions Regime for Space Assets’, at United Nations / Germany High Level Forum, Session 3: Legal Regime of Outer Space and Global Space Governance, Bonn, Wednesday, 14 November 2018;
- Professor Anna Veneziano, Deputy Secretary-General UNIDROIT, ‘The Space Protocol of the Cape Town Convention: An International Secured Transactions Regime for Space Assets’, at Leiden University, Leiden, Tuesday, 16 April 2019;
- Hamza Hameed, Legal Consultant UNIDROIT, ‘Asset-based Financing in the Space Industry: The Space Protocol of the Cape Town Convention – An International Instrument to Enable Secured Transactions in Space Assets’, at SIRIUS SPACE TALKS ’18 – Space Economy: Urgent Need for New Global Regulation?, Toulouse, Tuesday, 23 October 2018;
- Similar presentations have also been made at APRSAF 2018, Global Space Congress 2019, UN/Jordan Workshop on Space Exploration 2019, and various other forums. For a specific presentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.