LODGED BY THE KINGDOM OF SPAIN UNDER THE AIRCRAFT PROTOCOL AT THE TIME OF THE DEPOSIT OF ITS INSTRUMENT OF ACCESSION
Declaration pursuant to Article XIX of the Protocol
The ‘registro de Bienes Muebles’ will be the entry point which will authorize the transmission to the International Registry of the information required for registration in respect of airframes and helicopters registered in the Kingdom of Spain or in the process of registration, and may authorize the transmission of such information to the Register in respect of aircraft engines.
Declaration pursuant to Article XXIX of the Protocol
In the event that this Protocol to the Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment on Matters specific to Aircraft Equipment were to be applied to Gibraltar, Spain wishes to make the following declaration:
1. Gibraltar is a non-autonomous territory for the international relations of which the United Kingdom is responsible and which is subject to a decolonisation process in accordance with the relevant decisions and resolutions of the General Assembly of the United Nations.
2. The authorities of Gibraltar are of a local nature and exercise exclusively internal competences which have their origin and their foundation in the distribution and attribution of competences performed by the United Kingdom, in compliance with its internal legislation, in its capacity as sovereign State on which the mentioned non-autonomous territory depends.
3. As a result, should the Gibraltarian authorities participate in the application of this Protocol it will be understood as effected exclusively within the scope of the internal competences of Gibraltar, and it cannot be considered to produce any change whatsoever in relation with what was established in the two preceding paragraphs.
4. The procedure established by the regime relating to Gibraltar authorities in the context of certain international treaties agreed upon by the Kingdom of Spain and the United Kingdom on 19 December 2007 is applicable to this agreement.
5. The application to Gibraltar of the present Protocol cannot be interpreted as recognition of any rights or situations involving matters not included in Article 10 of the Treaty of Utrecht of 13 July 1713, signed by the crowns of Spain and Great Britain.
Declaration pursuant to Article XXX(I) of the Protocol
The Kingdom of Spain declares that it will apply Article XIII of the Protocol, and in this case the provision contained in the Spanish declaration under Article 54(2) of the Convention will not apply.
* The original version of these declarations was submitted in Spanish. This version of the declarations is a translation prepared by the UNIDROIT Secretariat.