LODGED BY THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION UNDER THE CAPE TOWN CONVENTION AT THE TIME OF THE DEPOSIT OF ITS INSTRUMENT OF ACCESSION
1. Pursuant to subparagraph “a” of paragraph 1 of Article 39 of the Convention, the Russian Federation declares that on the territory of the Russian Federation the following claims of creditors that are satisfied during insolvency proceedings shall have priority over a registered international interest:
– creditors’ claims on current payments
– claims to cover costs for activities for the prevention of technogenic and/or environmental disasters or loss of life in cases where the termination of the debtor entity or its structural units may lead to technogenic and/or environmental disasters or loss of life;
– claims, by individuals to whom the debtor is liable for causing injury to life or health, which are settled by means of capitalization of relevant periodic payments, as well as claims for compensation for moral damage;
– claims for severance pay and remuneration of persons employed or working under an employment contract and for the payment of royalties to authors of intellectual property.
2. Pursuant to subparagraph “b” of paragraph 1 of Article 39 of the Convention, the Russian Federation declares that nothing in the Convention shall affect the right of the Russian Federation, or a State entity, intergovernmental organisation or other private provider of public services to arrest or detain an object under the laws of the Russian Federation for payment of amounts owed to such organization or provider directly relating to the provision of such services in respect of an aircraft object.
3. Pursuant to Article 53 of the Convention, the Russian Federation declares that any dispute relating to the Convention and Protocol is to be resolved by the arbitration courts of the Russian Federation.
4. Pursuant to paragraph 2 of Article 54, the Russian Federation declares that any remedy available to the creditor under any provision of the Convention which is not there expressed to require application to the court may be exercised without application to the courts.
Declarations lodged by the Russian Federation under the Aircraft Protocol