“II. Declaration pursuant to Article XXVII(2) concerning the competence of the European Community over matters governed by the Aircraft Protocol on matters specific to aircraft equipment (“Aircraft Protocol”), in respect of which the Member States have transferred their competence to the Community
- Article XXVII of the Aircraft Protocol provides that regional economic integration organisations which are constituted by sovereign States and which have competence over certain matters governed by that Protocol may accede to it on condition that they make the declaration referred to in Article XXVII(2). The Community has decided to accede to the Aircraft Protocol and is accordingly making that declaration.
- The current Members of the Community are the Kingdom of Belgium, the Republic of Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, the Kingdom of Denmark, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Republic of Estonia, Ireland, the Hellenic Republic, the Kingdom of Spain, the French Republic, the Italian Republic, the Republic of Cyprus, the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Lithuania, the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, the Republic of Hungary, the Republic of Malta, the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the Republic of Austria, the Republic of Poland, the Portuguese Republic, Romania, the Republic of Slovenia, the Slovak Republic, the Republic of Finland, the Kingdom of Sweden and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- However, this Declaration does not apply to the Kingdom of Denmark, in accordance with Articles 1 and 2 of the Protocol on the position of Denmark, annexed to the Treaty on European Union and the Treaty establishing the European Community.
- This Declaration is not applicable in the case of the territories of the Member States in which the Treaty establishing the European Community does not apply and is without prejudice to such acts or positions as may be adopted under the Aircraft Protocol by the Member States concerned on behalf and in the interests of those territories.
- The Member States of the European Community have transferred their competence to the Community as regards matters which affect Council Regulation (EC) No 44/2001 of 22 December 2000 on jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of judgments in civil and commercial matters1, Council Regulation (EC) No 1346/2000 of 29 May 2000 on insolvency proceedings2and Regulation (EC) No 593/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 June 2008 on the law applicable to contractual obligations (Rome I)3.
- At the time of accession to the Aircraft Protocol, the Community will not make a declaration pursuant to Article XXX(1) concerning the application of Article VIII nor will it make any of the declarations permitted under Article XXX(2) and (3). The Member States keep their competence concerning the rules of substantive law as regards insolvency.
- The exercise of competence which the Member States have transferred to the Community pursuant to the Treaty establishing the European Community is, by its nature, liable to continuous development. In the framework of that Treaty, the competent institutions may take decisions which determine the extent of the competence of the Community. The latter therefore reserves the right to amend this Declaration accordingly, without this constituting a prerequisite for the exercise of its competence with regard to matters governed by the Aircraft Protocol.”
1 OJ L 12 du 30.6.2000, p. 1.
2 OJ L 177 du 4.7.2008, p. 6.
3 OJ L 12 du 16.1.2001, p. 1.