LODGED BY THE STATE OF QATAR UNDER THE CAPE TOWN CONVENTION
AT THE TIME OF THE DEPOSIT OF ITS INSTRUMENT OF ACCESSION *
Form No. 1 (specific declarations made under Article 39(1)(a):
The State of Qatar declares that the categories of non-consensual rights and guarantees are the following:
– The right to seize equipment for the benefit of employees of an air carrier following the non-payment of salaries starting from the date of the announcement of a breach
of the contract for financing or leasing the subject.
– The right to seize equipment, rights or rights of an entity affiliated with the State of Qatar following taxes or unpaid fees from the date of the announcement of a breach
of contract to finance or lease the subject matter of the right.
– The right to seize equipment for the benefit of someone who repairs something and keeps it in his possession by handing him over, in return for the services, what it has
been accomplished and the added value tax (VAT) of that object.
It shall have priority, according to this law, over any collateral in something equal to that of the holder of the registered international guarantee, and it shall have priority over any registered international collateral, whether it is outside of or within the insolvency proceedings.
Form No. 4 (specific declarations made under Article 39(1)(b):
The State of Qatar declares that nothing in this agreement affects its right, the right of an entity affiliated with the State, an intergovernmental organization or any other private body concerned with the provision of public services, to withhold or detain anything in accordance with its laws in order to pay amounts due to the State of Qatar or for that entity, organization or service provider, directly related to the services provided in relation to that issue or not.
Form No. 6 (declarations specified under Article 40):
The State of Qatar declares the following categories of non-consensual rights:
– The right of a person holding a court order allowing the seizure of something belonging to an airplane in implementation of a court ruling.
– The right to pensions for the benefit of employees when the pending salaries are not paid before the announcement of the breach of a contract to finance or lease the subject of the right.
– The right to seize equipment or other rights for a State entity related to taxes or unpaid fees prior to the date of the announcement of the breach of a contract for financing or leasing the subject of the right.
– All other non-consensual rights and guarantees related to un-satisfaction that, under the law of the State of Qatar, have priority over the rights of those with a guaranteed debt.
It is registered under the agreement at the expense of categories of things as if it were an international guarantee and must be regulated accordingly.
Form No. 11 (declarations under Article 53):
The State of Qatar declares that the primary courts are “total courts” and considers the courts concerned for the purposes of Article 1 and Chapter XII of the Agreement.
Form No. 13 (declarations under Article 54(2):
The State of Qatar declares that any remedies available to a creditor under the agreement, unless its provision expressly stipulates that an application must be made to the court, may be made without a lawsuit and without court permission.
* The original version of these declarations was submitted in Arabic. This official version of the declarations is a translation provided by the State of Qatar.